Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I have a beautiful mother. She is all of those things that just make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. I love her because she is kind, warm and copassionate. I love her because she is smart. I admire her. She is consistent, solid and unwavering. She is one of those anchoring roots in my life. She is bold, confident and brave. I love the way she smiles when I say, "I think I just want one more baby". I love the way she cries with me when I my chidren are sick or hurting. I love how she understands my lonliness when my husband is gone. I love how she was thrilled when we had to move in with her while our house was being finished (This could have been some mild insanity. There were seven of us in that house!). I even love how she cried when it was time for us to go home. I love how she can't keep any sort of plant alive and how she hates to cook. God knew I would need to feel useful for something :)



I have a beautiful mother.

No comments: