Sunday, May 2, 2010

Walking to Nana's

We are blessed to live just across the field from my mom. It is not unusual, when our school work is done, for the children to ask if they can "run down to Nana's." We always make them call to ask but, that is just a formality. I have never known Nana or Poppy to turn down a visit from the kidos. Last week, Joshua made his first trip across the yard with his brother and sisters. It was one of those priceless moments that you just want to freeze in time. I called my mom so she could be watching and Stacy and I stood on the porch watching them, crying and taking a picture, of course. Stacy asked me if I ever thought that we would be watching four of them walk down to Nana's. I replied that I never knew we would be so abundantly blessed.


Psalm 127:3-5 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them:

No comments: