This is one of our favorite recipes. They are healthy, full of protein and easy to pop out of the freezer and into a lunch bag. The directions say to warm the wraps in a microwave but we enjoy them cool. If you put one in a lunch bag in the morning, it is completely thawed and ready to eat by lunch. We also add some taco seasoning to the mix to spice them up. Enjoy!
• 2 cups uncooked brown rice
• 4 cups water
• 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans
• 2 (15.5 ounce) cans pinto beans
• 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn
• 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
• 16 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
• 1 pound shredded pepperjack cheese
1. Combine rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, and cool.
2. Place black beans and pinto beans into a colander or strainer, and rinse. Add corn and diced tomatoes with green chilies, and toss to mix. Transfer to a large bowl, and mix in rice and cheese.
3. Divide the mixture evenly among the tortillas, and roll up. Wrap individually in plastic wrap, place into a large freezer bag, and freeze. Reheat as needed in the microwave for lunch or snacks.