Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekly Scripture Memory

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid.

Our memory verse did not come from a curriculum or calendar this week. It came in the mail in a card last week.

I will be attending The Esther Experience this weekend. In preparation for that event, the staff of Living Vessels Ministries has been sending me cards for the last couple of weeks. Last week, when I opened up the latest card from one of the staff members, this verse was inside. I remember thinking how perfect the verse was since my life had been anything but peaceful for the last few weeks. Little did I know that it would get even more chaotic.

Today we are memorizing, reciting and praying this scripture over our home and for my best friend Brandi and her husband Brian. We pray for peace that the world cannot give, peace that passes all understanding that can only be given from the Father.

Read a post about how we do scripture memory here.

No comments: