Thursday, October 6, 2011

Worship Wednesday ~ On Thursday

So, my worship Wednesday post has been hanging in draft for well over 24 hours now.

Can all that we do be done worshipfully? Can we make every action of our day an act of worship? This is where I am camping out this morning and where I have been for quite some time. Worship is one of those words that is always tumbling over and over in my mind. What is this thing of worship?

It has been said and I have repeated that worship is a way of life, not just a Sunday morning trek and experience.

A couple of verses will not leave me alone. (Don’t you just love how God’s word is that way sometimes?)

Colossians 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Heartily is literally “from the soul”.

I am fully aware that the context of this passage is referring to slaves and how they work for their masters. I am not at all suggesting that we are slaves of God but he is our master in the same sense that Peter referred to Jesus as Master and we do labor for the kingdom.

Can all that we do be done from the soul and not just as an outward display or duty?

Revelation 4:8 … and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

If worship is acknowledging who our God is, should everything we do, declare that the Lord is God? Is it possible to live this life, resting not day and night, as a sacrificial act of worship, as unto the Lord?

I don’t claim to be a bible scholar or to have all of the answers. This is just the latest road I am walking down with my Father.

No comments: