Monday, February 6, 2012

Homeschool Monday ~ Daily Notebooks

I recently discovered a new concept that has allowed me to add so much to our school day and accomplish it all much more efficiently. I read a blog post from 1+1+1 about daily calendar notebooks. I loved the idea because this would streamline out daily “group work” which included reviewing the days of the week, months of the year and such. This new notebook style daily review would insure first that we would get it done every day and second that we would not miss concepts. I loved it!

If you have never seen this concept before, look here and here for some free printables and even videos of daily notebooks in use.

It didn’t take me long to see many other ways to use the daily notebooks. I now have the following pages in my 4th grader’s notebooks:

Daily Gratitude List
Fruit of the Spirit Sheet
Habit Sheet
Hymn of the Month Lyrics
Composer Sheet
Artist Sheet
Poet Sheet
Spelling Sheet
Book Log
State Sheet
Weather/Season Sheet
Daily Drawing Page
Number of the Day Equations
Color Spelling/Penmanship
Shape Spelling/Penmanship
Book of Centuries Sheets
Daily Schedule
Chore List
Daily School Checklist

The possibilities for daily notebooks are endless. Kids can quickly flip through the notebook and cover section by section easily. This might be a great concept for someone who likes the idea of workboxes but does not have the space.

No comments: