Monday, January 23, 2012

31 Days to Clean Review ~ Day 1



I was super thrilled with Day one of the book, especially the challenges. There is no cleaning involved. That may sound a bit lazy, and maybe it is but it is perfect for me. I need a day or so to really wrap my mind around any new concept, or any old concept that I have been avoiding.

I also loved that the first chapter, like many of the other chapters in this book was short enough to read through in just a couple of minutes. Really, if we are reading a book about cleaning, we need more time to clean, not read.

MARY CHALLENGE

It took me more than a few minutes to make my list of reasons that I want a clean house. In fact, I made my initial list, left it then, came back and added to it. Here is what I came up with:

~I want a clean house because:

~I want to feel comfortable practicing biblical hospitality;

~I want my home to be a haven and a sanctuary for my family;

~I want my home to be visually peaceful;

~I want to be calm and peaceful for my family in a way that I can only be when I am not stressed about the state of my house;

~I want my husband to rest in the fact that he can always invite someone over with no notice and not be ashamed of his house;

~I want to set expectations in my sons for their future wives;

~I want to set an example for my daughters and teach them how to keep a clean and comfortable home.

WOW!! That is a lot of information to formulate into one mission statement. I did think for a moment that I would rather be cleaning :)

Here is the Langford Clean House Mission Statement:

I will work diligently to provide a clean and clutter-free home for the health, peace and confidence of my family.

MARTHA CHALLENGE

This was SO much easier! Scanning through the Martha challenges was pretty simple. Most projects required cleaning supplies and tools that I already have on hand.

If you are taking this challenge with me, don’t run out and buy too much. I will be sharing some daily recipes for chemical free cleaners that do a fantastic job of cleaning your house, cost less money and do not require you to sacrifice your health due to chemical exposure.

Thanks for coming along on this journey with me!

No comments: