Monday, January 16, 2012

Joyful Parenting ~ Day 3

3. Today, I will not have any emergencies. There are no emergencies! Only amateurs hurry.

It took me a few times reading this one to get it, really get it. I got caught up in the thoughts of the emergencies that I have each day. You know, the ones that leave us running breathless through the house and speeding down the freeway late for every appointment we have.

My mind seemed to want to argue with this whole concept. There was flood of “what about this” and “isn’t this considered?”

Finally, I got it. Nothing happens in my day that my Father doesn’t know about. He is aware of all that is happening and He is in complete control of it all. He knew that as soon as I was ready to walk out the door for a doctor’s appointment, the baby would have one of those massive blow out poops and need to be cleaned up and completely redressed. He knew that the three year old would sneak out the front door to go play with the chickens with no shoes or jacket. He also knew I would panic when I realized he was no longer playing in the clean socks. He knew about the call I would get in the middle of the night that my husband was hurt on the job.

If I truly believe that He is sovereign then, why hurry? If my Father has is already on the scene protecting my children, caring for my husband and showing me favor then why rush?

No comments: